WINRS is here to help you, from recruitment through dissemination of results.
WINRS work at the intersections of health, equity, and community to facilitate the contribution of patient and community voice in research.
We provide consultation to anyone who wants to effectively engage stakeholders and study participants, especially people from under-represented and under-served communities.
We now offer UW-Madison researchers 20 hours of FREE consultation for any patient/community engaged research or advisory board project.
WINRS partners with researchers to:
- Get feedback from community advisors
- We work in partnership with standing groups of community advisors, including two Madison-based groups of Community Advisors on Research Design (CARDS) and two Boards of Older Adult Advisors (BOAAs) from rural and urban areas
- Advisors can provide plain-language editing of public-facing materials such as recruitment flyers, consent forms, surveys, interview and focus group questions, websites, smartphone apps, and more
- Advisors can offer recommendations on recruitment, retention, study activities, compensation, and dissemination to engage people typically under-represented in research
- Engage stakeholders
- Develop tailored orientation sessions for community and patient advisors
- Co-design and facilitate effective stakeholder advisory meetings
- Share resources on engaged research to benefit research teams
- Support proposal development
- Review and offer recommendations for recruitment strategies and stakeholder engagement plans
- Provide a letter of support with detailed scope of work and budget
We know that there are a lot of pieces that need to fit together for your project to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you!